Not only the content is important. It is now almost more on the form, manner of presentation. The strong influence of non-verbal aspects such as body language or the right outfit can not be underestimated. As with any type of communication applies: To get to your destination, you must follow certain rules.
How To Be Successful Presentation or Speech in Public Speaking
In our checklist we have put together some basic rules for a successful business presentation for you:
1. Preparation : Start time with your preparations for a how to build a successful business presentations, inquire about your audience before whom you are talking about?
Create an awesome PowerPoint slide in presentation that can make your audience take attention on your explanation
Do you based on whether more expert or lay people rather sit content and duration of the respective (technical) issues in public.
Note. Also for designing your introduction and the final words, if you present rather at the beginning or end of an event.
And most importantly you will clarify in advance whether all the required assistance (projector or overhead projector, flip chart, video player, speaker system, microphone, etc.) are present.
2. The part of the presentation : Make personal contact with your audience. Captivate. The attention of the audience to get started with a provocative thesis of his own experience of history and a short video spot Total: Adhere to the specified presentation time!
3. Body : Break down the main part of your successful PowerPoint presentations. It is important to logically structured, easy to follow presentation structure: if left as a bullet remains in the form of a pro and con discussion or suspense your personal sentiment.
Visualize your audience this structure at appropriate points per flip chart, within the PowerPoint presentation or on the overhead projector, if you work with it.
4. Language : Avoid filler words like "uh". Do not speak too fast, but slowly and clearly and is fixed, loud voice.
Vary your pitch and volume and get targeted breaks.
Do you know your weakness to speak too fast? Then you can build your presentation reminder in your note: "Speak slowly!". Don't forget to start with the opening talk for presentation words that every audience will remember.
5. Hand-outs : Especially for complex topics are handouts (handout, handouts) is useful. If possible, use short, simple, clear sentences.
You can also accommodate information (detailed knowledge further reading tips, summary) that would be too specific for your lecture itself.
Distribute the handout before or after the event - both have advantages and disadvantages. Thus, a split in the outset been hand-out can cause you are not 100% being listened to.
6. Questions And Answers / Discussion : Accept the role of facilitator, if your successful presentation is followed by a discussion or a presentation audience involvement.
Encourage the audience to ask: "What questions do you have?" Instead of "Any Questions?".
Include all listeners with. It goes without saying that you have also been prepared to answer certain questions.
Can you answer not even offer to write down contact details of the questioner and come back to him.
7. Visualization : "A picture is worth a 1000 words" - Visual aids such as pictures, charts or information graphics to support your contents completely.
Neither overcharge nor too little grooving of such agents is useful. Before your presentation if your visual aids are certain requirements:
Adjusts the visual means for said? If the information is self-explanatory?
Can also see the last row all the information? etc.
8. Clothing / Appearance : that your clothes should be neat and clean, but note goes without saying also the meaning of the colors - blue unconsciously acts example, calm, yellow and red rather vitalizing and active.
Enter principle clothes that fit both to yourself as well as to the corresponding event.
Well-chosen clothes highlights your personality that makes up an important part of a successful presentation!
9. Body Language : Not only the content and your expertise crucial to the success of your presentation.
Your facial expressions, your gestures and body language characterize the impression that make your listeners from you.
You should look forth from meeting the needs of your audience: to give 51 percent of superficialities decisive.
Keep eye contact with your audience and smile!
That way you can reap competence and sympathy from your audience and determine how successful presentation your bring.
10. Training : Practice Makes (presentation) Master! It is best to talk at least once loud and as free as possible.
In front of a small, self-selected audience. You can record your samples on video to verify your action.
11. Conferences : Before you call a meeting, make sure that it is really necessary and invite only those whose presence is essential.
Make clear beforehand, the objectives to be achieved, select important from unimportant questions and keep yourself absolutely to the planned start and end times!
12. Protocol : Keep participant feedback, decisions or results in writing. Were certain agreements made or distributed tasks, log them.
Good successful presentations represent the best basis for subsequent lectures and conferences.