Share free PowerPoint presentation templates in ppt to download with various professional cute themes, animated and cool design backgrounds to use in business, education, medical, music, etc

7 Tips For Shy People To Give A Presentation Or Speech

Download Unlimited PowerPoint templates


In more and more professions it is today to present in front of co-workers, colleagues or customers something. For many people this is to create a little exciting, but good. For the timid, it is a nightmare.
They have all sorts of ideas disaster, fear a blackout or memory loss. Are afraid of sarcastic remarks or that participants leave successively the room. Some preparation presentation using PowerPoint is important.

A week before the presentation they sleep poorly, have little appetite. The night before the presentation they experience in naked panic.

Who is introverted, shy or experienced as a little self-conscious, has great pains with an amazing PowerPoint presentation or speech. A seminar on rhetoric changes because sometimes little.

Also when I started many years ago with lectures, very excited. And even today signaled my pulse beat in the last thirty minutes prior to the start of that speaking in front of large groups is not a bare routine for me and convincing them.(Read : How Should Design PowerPoint for An Amazing Presentation)

Tips to Make a Presentation For Shy People


Presentation For A Shy People
Presentation For A Shy People

But I have acquired over time me some techniques with which I hold my excitement in check of presentation for shy people.

1. Dare to be honest

In the past I tried at lectures to cover my excitement. And I was also sure that to good. Until I heard one day a transcript of a lecture.

Since I know that while you can control your facial expressions somewhat - but not his voice.

If you are honest, you do not need to be adjusted. You can be what you are. You do not need to hide your feelings or mask. If you are excited at the beginning, just say it.

This has an important effect. You have the immediate attention of the audience.

2. Begin with something unexpected

The audience at a lecture usually expect a greeting, an overview of topics, etc. How predictable. How polite. How boring.

I've given up for me to start with a normal greeting. Once I started like this: "Good day, ladies and gentlemen, I am delighted to be here before you today ... and damn, that's not true at the moment, but I'm looking not the least bit my heart... kicks to the neck. My hands are wet. I think Joy feels different. I'm fucking excited to be here. "Then I made ​​a long pause and looked into the audience.

They all looked very expectantly at me. I had their attention. And I was suddenly very quiet. For I had said what was in my ways, to keep my presentation. My fear. But nothing happened. But all were curious.

Then I headed over to the theme with the words: "But now it's not even my feelings, but on the topic of" Stress in Everyday Life "And stress has a lot to do with feelings, because ...."

3. Make contact before the lecture

So I do not feel so isolated from the audience at the lecture, I make small talk with some people before. Most people come indeed purely sequentially.

I'm already there and then start a casual conversation. About the weather, about the city or about what you are particularly interested in the topic. This has two advantages.

For one, I warm myself at it. I speak a bit, lose some nervousness. On the other hand, I use these people during the presentation as an anchor.

I look up to them from time to time and usually watch the very friendly nod to - and I get confirmation.

4. Refrain from a lectern

Listener does not want to hear a great, perfect performance in the first place in my opinion. Then perhaps you could also read a book on this.

But listeners especially want a real man to listen. And no voice dummy.

And if you hide the majority of behind a high lectern, people get little of you with. Especially if you still read your manuscript and only now and then look up, whether all are there.

My tip is radical: They show up as a man. Best in full size. If this is too much angst filled, set initially at a chair - and disappoint the expectation that a speaker must stand.

If you are to find a good transition, the better. "This talk is about innovation. That's why I'm sitting here in front of you. For a lecturer who sits, is unusual. And Innovation has a lot to do with it, to avoid the ordinary."

5. Do your homework - and you forget it

Of course, you should be well prepared for your topic. But if you stick to your previously very elaborate manuscript lecture will be less alive.

Agility is important. Your presentation should not sound like a recording from the band that all errors have been cut out.

Familiarize yourself bullet points. And you're talking about, then release it. You know your topic. Better than anyone in the audience with certainty. Talk straight on. And if you lose the thread, see step 2.

Be honest and just say it: "Now I have lost the thread you know determines We know exactly what you want to say - and hey presto, it's gone What do we do now Does anyone have an idea...?"

The last example brings me to my next point, which is important. For the audience and for you.

6. You worry for talks

Hardly anyone can more than twenty minutes listening concentrated. Your audience does not. It takes a lot of variety.

Therefore, there are breaks where people can go to the toilet, drink or eat something - but you would like to chat with fellow especially.

So take this need for change seriously and give you an opportunity to do during your presentation.

- Ask questions
The question should match the theme being treated. It should be as simple as possible, so that almost anyone can say something about it.

And wait for answers. If no one dares to dare and go directly to someone in the front row and say kind to him. "And what would your answer is"

- Make a "practice"
If you can see and join in your audience something that fits your theme, the better impress. A classic is the request to fold their hands and then to change the position of the thumb.

I prefer tasks or questions that everyone should treat themselves quietly alone. This allows you to reach everyone. Examples:
- If you imagine a business report: "What do you like how the result will look at x and at Y?"
- When you talk about creativity: "What's been on your mind the most creative idea of humanity?"
- If you report on a project: "How to fail your opinion, most of the projects?"
- When you introduce a new sales strategy: "Somewhere I once read" Selling is like love "What would be your comparison: 'Selling is like ...' And how do you explain the thinking please half a minute about it..?. "

- Make sure that exchange with each other.
Usually it would take too long, when you query the responses of the audience individually now. And if more want to answer than you want to use this time, there are slightly annoyance.
Better: Encourage your audience to share the answers, opinions or experiences with their neighbors.
Here Be friendly directive: "I would like you to now turn to your neighbor, smile at him kindly and replace two minutes each, what is you just remembered."
It is even better sometimes to do this in small groups: "Please make three or four groups, like with the listening in the row in front or behind you And make it now.."

7. Working with shock, surprise and humor.

Your listeners are not primarily interested in your information. If so, you could send your presentation as email or distribute as a handout and everyone reads it through.

No, it has to make sense why these people are physically present. And the sense of the emotions, the Audiences will enjoy during your presentation. And these feelings, you must cause.

Emotions but do not wake up to endless columns, dry tongue and sober facts. The course can not be avoided but you should pack so that when your listeners do feelings.

If you do not do that, it would be easier to send your presentation as a PowerPoint or any by circular-mail on his computer.

To evoke feelings, you do not need a gifted speaker or comedian to be. Are more suitable images. And images that surprise, shock or amuse. Here are some suggestions.

Conclusion: Do not hide your shyness. Make a thickness thereof


Do not even as if a presentation or lecture to fifty people for you a breeze. First, you will not believe you.

And secondly, you have at this moment eighty percent of the audience on your side, where it would go in your role as well.

Great speakers are plenty. Okay, maybe you do not belong. So what? The main thing is to get the attention of your audience. And a reaction that perhaps in the break sounds like this: "It was unusual and I have listened to from beginning to end.."

Share: